Acquiring a dedicated server is surely beneficial in ensuring your website’s protection at all times. However, in order to acquire such advantage, you have to execute additional methods. Remember, an exploited website could impose mind-whacking problems that you have to face, as it will put you, and your visitors and clients, in danger.
So, how will you secure your dedicated server? There are several extra methods that can help you achieve that. Here are the most important things that you must keep in mind:
- Have a secured password. Make sure that your password should have at least character. Also, avoid regular terms that are connected to your personal life (name, birthday, favorite color, and so on) that can be easily decoded. It is best to create one that is a mixture of numbers, upper and lowercase letters, and symbols, so that hackers won’t be able to figure it out immediately.
- SSH (secure shell) is more secured than FTP, but make sure that you change the port that you are using instead of the common (22). It actually prevent your dedicated server from acquiring brute-force attacks.
- Use broad error messages when logging in, such as “Error Logging In.” Never let the person know that he’s using the wrong password or username because you are giving him an idea that he has one of the two things that he needs to be able to attack your website.
- Only access your website when you are using your own computer or any gadget and trusted network.
- Install a firewall that will serve as your first line of defense. It efficiently assess that traffic coming to and fro your dedicated server.
- Check all the latest updates on the scripts you have used on your website and immediately apply them, especially if it concerns the security. Such action will eliminate loopholes that hackers look at when trying to exploit a website.
- Encrypt data communication within your dedicated server. This will let you know what has been done on your server in a timely manner.
- Remove unnecessary software and purchase only those that were developed by renowned and reputable companies so that you will be guaranteed that these were efficiently engineered, eliminating chances of loopholes.
These are just among the many steps that you have to add on your dedicated server in order for you to be guaranteed that no one will inflict malicious methods on your website. Keeping it safe at all times is certainly beneficial in various aspects, therefore, must be continuously done.